Stir fry ginger chicken is a bit of a variation from simple stir fry chicken.
Ginger is the primary ingredient that makes all the difference to the delicious stir fry chicken. A favorite for many, this fully flavored meal is easy to prepare and takes very short time to cook.
Bordering on spicy and peppery, a slight tang contrasts with the sweet and almost pungent; stir fry ginger chicken owes its full bodied flavor mostly to ginger.
Read on to find how to prepare your stir fry ginger chicken as well as a few variations you can try, if you want to change how you prepare stir fry ginger chicken.
3 Simple and Tasty Stir Fry Ginger Chicken Recipe
Simple Stir Fry Ginger Chicken Recipe
How to prepare stir fry ginger chicken?
- Start off by mixing 1 tablespoon of cornstarch and one teaspoon of soy sauce in a fairly sized bowl. Coat the chicken pieces evenly with the mixture.
- In another similar bowl, mix 2 teaspoonful’s cornstarch, 2 teaspoonful’s soy sauce and 2 teaspoonful’s vinegar. Stir until the mixture gets a smooth texture with no lumps. Add this mixture to chicken broth as you continuously stir.
- Place a large skillet on the cooker and set the cooker to high heat.
- Add about 2 tablespoonful’s vegetable oil to the skillet. Swirl the oil in the skillet to ensure it is well coated with oil.
- When the oil is well heated, add the chicken pieces to the skillet. Stir, letting each side cook for about 5 minutes until it turns golden brown.
- Remove the chicken pieces from the skillet.
- Add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil to the skillet.
- Let the oil heat up for a while then add ginger and other spices you may wish to have. The ginger should be 2 tablespoonful’s fresh minced.
- Let the ginger cook for a 1 minute as you stir.
- Add your vegetables to the pan. Let them cook for 2 to 4 minutes as you stir until the vegetables become tender and soft.
- Add your chicken broth mixture to the pan as you continuously stir.
- Add back your chicken pieces to the pan, and let them cook for 3 more minutes as you stir until the sauce thickens.
It is up to you to decide which vegetables you would like to use in this recipe. You can therefore feel free to use any vegetable you like.
Also note that some vegetables like carrots are hard and take more time to cook. Therefore, to avoid overcooking other ingredients, if you are using such vegetables, slice them into thin pieces and cook them first before other ingredients like garlic and ginger.
Check my other post on stir fry chicken!
Stir Fry Ginger Chicken with Honey Recipe
How to prepare stir fry ginger chicken with honey?
This amazing twist to stir fry ginger chicken contrasts the sweet taste from honey with the mild peppery and spicy taste from the ginger.
Without doubt, this variation will soon be your favorite meal. Not only is it less costly and takes a shorter period of time but it is also healthy.
- Start off by preparing your sauce. For this, add honey, soy sauce, 2 tablespoons water, 1 tablespoon fresh minced ginger, 1 teaspoon Sriracha and 2 teaspoons cornstarch then stir the mixture until the cornstarch dissolves.
- Place a large sauté on your cooker. Set the cooker on medium-high heat.
- Add vegetable oil to the pan and when it is properly heated, add your chicken meat to the pan, allowing the chicken sides to cook for 3-5 minutes before turning.
- Add the broccoli and any other vegetables you wish to have to the pan.
- Let the vegetables cook until they are soft and tender.
- Reduce the heat to low then add the sauce you prepared earlier.
- Let the mixture simmer for a while 5-10 minutes will work fine.
- Remove the pan from the cooker and let the food cool a bit before you serve.
You may find that Sriracha is included in this recipe. If, however you do not like your food hot and spicy, then please go ahead and omit it from the recipe.
If you love your ginger, double the ginger you use in your ginger stir fry sauce.
Cambodian Stir Fry Ginger Chicken Recipe
How to cook Cambodian stir fry ginger chicken?
This variation of stir fry chicken has roots in Cambodia. While the method of preparation may vary with how you normally prepare your stir fry ginger chicken, this easy to cook meal will certainly warm your spirits.
- Place a large skillet on the cooker. Set the cooker to high heat.
- Add vegetable oil to the skillet.
- When the oil is well heated up, add your chicken pieces to the pan.
- Let each chicken side cook for at least 5 minutes until they are seared brown then flip the pieces.
- Add your minced ginger and garlic with sugar to the pan. Use half a cup fresh minced ginger and 2 cloves of garlic. The sugar should be 2 tablespoons.
- Stir and let it cook for a while. One minute should do it.
- Add water, fish sauce and salt to taste, then stir. You can add paprika at this stage, it is optional.
- Add your vegetables to the pan and stir.
- Let the mixture cook for a while until the vegetables become soft and tender.
- Reduce the heat then add pepper.
- Let it simmer for 2-4 minutes then remove the skillet from the cooker.
- Serve with a side of your choice.
Well that is it for stir fry ginger chicken. There are many variations out there on how to prepare the recipe and the above mentioned methods are just but a few of the best ways you can prepare your stir fry chicken.
Remember to use spices in moderation, especially if you are not used to hot spicy food. It might ruin the experience for you. As with the vegetables, remember to cook hard vegetables such as carrots last after your chicken and other ingredients. This is to avoid overcooking other ingredients since carrots take too long to cook.
Check my other article on baked chicken.