It’s almost true that baked chicken is only as good as the sides that go with it.
Depending on the occasion, season or even who you’re serving; the sides that go with baked chicken will vary.
In this article, this is what you can expect:
- Healthy sides for baked chicken
- Easy side dishes for baked chicken
- Vegetable side dishes
And this won’t be just about lists and mentions. You’ll also learn how to prepare these sides best. So dig in.
Healthy Sides For Baked Chicken
It’s quite understandable the concern you might have for your waistline. Nowadays, nobody wants to be seen as fat or unhealthy.
For some, they just have a genuine concern with their health, and that’s okay.
With these sides for baked chicken, you’ll never have to worry about whether the sides that go with your baked chicken are good for you. Because they’re good, and healthy.
Gluten free Cranberry wild rice pilaf
- Start of by heating your oven to 325 degrees.
- Add broth (3 cups) to a fairly sized pan. Add the wild rice (3/4 – 1 cup) to this same pan, and mix with the broth.
- Heat the pan on medium high heat until the mixture boils.
- Cover the pan with a lid, then reduce the heat to low, and let this mixture simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- After the 8 minutes are up, remove the pan from the heat.
- Add a ¼ cup of dried currants and 1 tablespoon butter to the pan, stirring as you add each of ingredient.
- Coat a fairly sized baking dish with cooking spray. Alternatively, you can use a little cooking oil.
- Transfer the pan contents to the baking dish, then place the baking dish in the oven.
- Bake until the wild rice becomes tender. This should take at least 50 minutes.
- Add a ¼ cup of chopped cranberries and 1/3 of a cup, sliced and toasted almonds.
- Let the food rest before serving with the baked chicken.
Maple glazed carrots
This amazing side is not only simple and easy to prepare, but also comes as a full-bodied flavor.
The sweet taste from the glazed carrots contrasts with the somewhat tangy, sour taste from the lemon and goat cheese.
- Start off by first heating your oven to 375 degrees.
- Put the peeled carrots on a baking sheet or tray. (You’ll need about 1.5 – 2 pounds of carrots)
- Coat the carrots, in maple syrup and olive oil. (2 tablespoons each)
- Add the minced garlic (2 cloves) to the carrots.
- Let the carrots bake for 30-45 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from the oven. Add 2 tablespoons pistachios (roasted), goat cheese (crumbled 1 ounce). Add fresh lemon, or zest.
- Serve with the baked chicken immediately.
Vegetable Side Dishes For Baked Chicken
White bean and broccoli salad
This amazing side for baked chicken is easy to prepare, and very delicious.
- Heat a large pot of salted water on medium high heat.
- Once the water boils, add the broccoli (they should be trimmed).
- Let the broccoli cook until it is tender. This should take at least 2-3 minutes.
- In a bowl, add: 2 tablespoons honey mustard, 2 tablespoons of drained and chopped cappers, ½ a tablespoon red pepper, 1 teaspoon lemon zest, 2 tablespoons lemon juice and olive oil (3 tablespoons). Stir this mixture then season using pepper and salt.
- Remove the broccoli from the pot, and run through cold water. Pat the broccoli dry, before proceeding to cut up the broccoli into large pieces.
- Add the broccoli to the mixture from the bowl. Add on the small white beans (about 1, 15.5 ounce can)
- Combine all of this together then serve with baked chicken.
Baked parmesan mushrooms
Whether you’ve tried mushrooms at any point or not, you definitely should try this amazing side to baked chicken.
It’s super easy, it tastes heavenly and it’s completely hands-off once you’re done preparing the ingredients.
- Start off by first heating your oven to 375oF.
- As the oven heats up, lightly coat the baking sheet with cooking spray. You can also use vegetable oil.
- Put the sliced mushrooms on the baking sheet in one layer. Proceed to add a ¼ cup lemon juice, thyme (2 teaspoons), grated parmesan (1/4 a cup), garlic (3 minced cloves) and 1 lemon zest.
- Season with pepper and salt to your preference.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until when the mushrooms are brown and tender. Turn the mushrooms occasionally.
- Serve with the baked chicken immediately. Enjoy.
Easy Side Dishes For Baked Chicken
- Start off by heating your oven to 425 degrees. (Fahrenheit)
- Place the broccoli on a baking sheet, then coat the broccoli in 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Season using salt and pepper. You can add more chili or other spices as you see fit.
- Stir or rather toss the broccoli until it is evenly coated.
- Return the baking sheet to oven and let the broccoli bake for at least 30 minutes. At this point, the broccoli should be fork-tender, and a bit charred at the sides.
- Serve with the baked chicken enjoy.
Arugula with parmesan salad
As with all salads, this recipe is as simple and easy to prepare as they come.
Dig in to find out how to prepare this amazing side for baked chicken.
- Put the parmesan and the arugula in a fairly sized bowl.
- Add 2 teaspoons olive oil and 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon fresh black pepper. Stir this mixture until properly combined.
- Serve with baked chicken immediately.
See that wasn’t that hard, just as promised.
That wraps it for sides for baked chicken.
To recap, this article covers 3 types of sides for baked chicken.
- Healthy sides for baked chicken.
- Easy side dishes for baked chicken.
- Vegetable side dishes for baked chicken.
Much as this article has tried to be comprehensive, some sides may have not been covered. You can always try to switch things up, so long as it works for you.