You woke up one Saturday morning, craving for some food to eat. As you opened up the cupboards, fridge and the freezer, you find out that you only have a few ingredients that you can go with, a few of which are oyster sauce, mushrooms, some broccoli and beef meat. As you go on further scanning the kitchen, you find a few spices here and there as well as a few herbs.
Perhaps you can whip something out of the available ingredients in your kitchen so you can have something to eat.
And it occurred to you that, maybe you can incorporate beef with oyster sauce?
Of course, you can!
In this article, we are going to discuss in great detail and enthusiasm as to what you can make from the available ingredients in your kitchen that are made from the ground up out of both beef and oyster sauce
Beef With Oyster Sauce And Mushroom – Yum!
To begin, prepare the following ingredients so we can start cooking up your Beef and Mushroom Stir Fry:
- Beef steak – preferably beef sirloin steak, about a pound or so should do
- Sesame oil – this is optional, but if you must, a teaspoon should suffice
- Lemon juice – two tablespoons. Feel free to add or reduce this amount as the zesty taste may vary upon preference
- Oyster sauce – two to three tablespoons. Same with the lemon juice, the amount may vary upon the proportions of your ingredients, so feel free to add or reduce to suit your taste and preference.
- Soy sauce – two tablespoons. For those of you who might wish to reduce your sodium intake due to health reasons and concerns, a teaspoon should suffice
- White mushrooms – two pounds, sliced
- Olive oil – four separate tablespoons
- Garlic – two cloves, sliced
Steps on how to cook your Beef and Mushroom Stir Fry:
Into thin and narrow strips, chop your beef up. Drenched with lemon juice and soy sauce, place the beef steak into a bowl and stir well, ensuring that the juices are spread evenly in and around the meat. For ten minutes, let it sit and marinate.
For the meantime, over medium to high heat, fire up the stove and place the skillet or wok. Pour in olive oil, two tablespoons. Evenly spread the oil around the wok or skillet by rotating it.
Pour in the marinated beef and stir-fry for about five minutes or so. Stop when you notice the beef is browning and the liquid having already evaporated. Move the beef to a bowl or plate and set aside.
With the same wok or skillet, pour in the rest of the two tablespoons of oil. Throw in the mushrooms and garlic, and fry until the mushrooms become soft, or about eight to ten minutes.
Pour in the oyster sauce as well as the beef that you stir-fried and mix until heat has spread evenly. Drizzle with sesame oil if you intend to do so.
Beef and Mushroom Stir Fry is best served alongside steamed rice. Enjoy!
Looking for stir fry chicken recipe? Read it here!
Beef In Oyster Sauce With Broccoli Recipe
This is going to be another iteration of beef with oyster sauce, but with broccoli to emphasize on the healthy aspect that can be approached for this delicious recipe
Prepare the following ingredients:
- Rump steak – five hundred grams, sliced thinly
- Cornflour – one teaspoon. Mix it with one tablespoon of water
- Sugar – half a teaspoon
- Peanut oil – two tablespoons
- Stock or water – two tablespoons
- Broccoli florets – two cups
- Soy sauce – one tablespoon
- Ginger – bruised, three thin slices
- Oyster sauce – a quarter of a cup
- Garlic – three cloves, roughly chopped and peeled
- Onion – one small bulb, thinly sliced and peeled
- Meat Marinade:
- Cornflour – half a teaspoon
- Soy sauce – one tablespoon
- White pepper – one pinch
- Shaoxing wine – one tablespoon
- Sesame oil – one teaspoon
Instructions on how to cook your Beef In Oyster Sauce with Broccoli:
Mix the beef with the ingredients mentioned in the meat marinade and put aside for about ten minutes
In a wok or skillet, place one or two cups of water and heat it until it boils. Place one teaspoon of oil and place the broccoli in to blanch for about a minute and remove it. One way to determine if the broccoli’s been blanched correctly is if it is slightly soft and bright green in colour. Put it away until it’s time to fry.
From the skillet or wok, drain the water out and turn the flame on to dry it. Place what was left of the oil onto the skillet and throw in the ginger, followed by the onion and fry until it is softened. Take the garlic, ginger and onion away from the oil and toss in the broccoli.
Place the beef in batches onto the oil and fry until brown. Place all the ingredients into the skillet and mix altogether. Add the soy sauce, water, sugar and oyster sauce and mix to coat. Sprinkle the cornflour mixture carefully into the skillet while mixing, until the thickening of the liquids and they stick to the ingredients. Place the cooked result onto a plate, set it aside for one minute and with rice, serve.
There are many iterations and variations on how you can cook and prepare beef with oyster sauce.
We have only discussed two versions out of many, and with what we have discussed in this article, if you look for more recipes, you will be able to discover for yourself that there are many more possibilities of how you can vary and mix all kinds of ingredients when you are opting to cook beef with oyster sauce as your main ingredients.
If you read our recipe carefully and follow the instructions down to the dot, we are confident that if done correctly, you will be able to cook, serve and enjoy some homemade Beef With Oyster Sauce and Mushroom, or even Beef In Oyster Sauce With Broccoli to your heart’s content.
Ever wonder how to defrost meat fast? Read my article here.