Beef with broccoli make for one great meal. Partly due to the fact that beef is a choice meat while broccoli as a vegetable is equally loved.
Easy and fast to cook, the beef with broccoli recipes below are so simple anyone can make them. So do yourself a favor and try these amazing beef with broccoli recipes. It’ll be worth your while and maybe, if you do it right, save you the trouble of ordering Chinese takeout.
1. Cooking tender beef and broccoli.
The key to tender beef is using thinly sliced beef.
- Start off by first preparing the marinade to soak the meat in.
- For the marinade; in a large bowl mix 1/3 of a cup soy sauce, 1 tablespoon cornstarch, lime juice and brown sugar (1 tablespoon).
- Season the beef slices with pepper and salt, then put it in the bowl with the marinade.
- Coat the beef slices evenly with the marinade, then let the beef marinate for 20-30 minutes.
- Heat a fairly sized skillet on medium high heat.
- Add some butter or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil to the skillet. When the oil/butter melts, quickly sauté crushed garlic cloves and ginger. Stir the garlic and ginger continuously.
- Add the broccoli florets to the skillet, and stir with ginger and garlic.
- Stir fry the broccoli for 2-4 minutes, until the broccoli florets turn crisp.
- Transfer the broccoli, ginger and garlic from the skillet into a serving bowl.
- Add vegetable oil to the skillet and swirl it until the oil distributes evenly in the skillet.
- Sear the beef slices in batches on the skillet. Cooking the slices for 3-5 minutes, or until the meat turns to a golden brown.
- Add some water to the skillet, and reduce the heat to medium low. Let the beef cook for 5-10 minutes or until the beef becomes tender to your liking.
- Add back the broccoli florets to the skillet, and stir fry with the beef for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy
After adding water to tenderize the beef, you can add some more pepper and salt to taste.
2. Cooking healthy beef and broccoli.
Beef and broccoli sure tastes great, but you have to watch your waistline. The calories are too much, you might say.
With this healthy beef with broccoli recipe, you won’t have to worry about any of that.
And who says eating healthy has to be boring or bland? With this recipe, you’ll never look back again.
- Start by first seasoning the beef using salt and pepper.
- You can marinate the beef, but only use low sodium soy sauce in the marinade.
- As the beef marinates, prepare the sauce.
- In a fairly sized bowl, add 1/3 a cup soy sauce (low sodium), 1 teaspoon minced ginger, 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper and 2 tablespoons coconut sugar. Mix well.
- In another bowl, stir 2 tablespoons arrowroot starch into ¾ cup of water. Mix until there are no lumps present. Add this mixture to the other bowl and mix properly.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet and heat it over medium high heat. Swirl the skillet so that the entire skillet is coated with the oil.
- Add the beef slices to the skillet in batches. Cook the beef on the skillet, letting each side sear for 5 minutes until it turns to a golden brown with some charring on the edges.
- Take out the beef from the skillet and put them in a serving bowl.
- Scrape any drippings left in the skillet. Melt a little butter on the skillet.
- Add crushed garlic cloves, chopped shallots and the diced green onions to drippings in the skillet. Cook for 2 minutes while you stir frequently.
- Add the broccoli florets, and stir. Cover the skillet and let it cook for 5 minutes until the broccoli is crispy tender.
- Add the sauce you prepared earlier into the skillet.
- Cover and let it cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the beef back to the skillet and stir. Cook for 3 more minutes.
- Serve with brown rice or any healthy side you wish to have.
Use small broccoli florets when cooking. They cook through much faster, with better results.
Wonder how to cook stew meat? Read here.
3. Beef and broccoli stir fry with oyster sauce.
- Start by seasoning your beef with salt and pepper.
- In one fairly sized bowl, mix 1 teaspoon sugar, 2 teaspoons sesame oil, 1 teaspoon soy sauce, ¼ a cup oyster sauce and a ¼ cup broth.
- In another smaller bowl, stir 1 teaspoon cornstarch in 1 tablespoon water. Ensure there are no lumps.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet on medium high heat. When the oil is heated, add the broccoli florets to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes until they are crispy tender.
- Add crushed garlic and ginger to the pan and stir with the broccoli. Cook for 1 minute then transfer the broccoli to a serving bowl and cover.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to the skillet with the heat on medium high. Swirl the pan to spread the oil, then once the oil has heated up add the beef slices on the pan.
- Cook the beef on the pan, letting each side to cook for 5 minutes or until it is browned and cooked properly.
- Add the broccoli back to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the oyster sauce mixture to the pan. Stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the cornstarch solution with the beef and broccoli, then let it cook until it boils.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer for 2 more minutes.
- Serve with a side of your choice. Enjoy
If you don’t have beef broth, use the same amount of water.
Beef with broccoli recipes are very similar, with only a few differences coming in the form of ingredients and maybe the order you cook the ingredients. However, the one thing that’s for sure, is that you’ll love these amazing if not delicious beef with broccoli recipes.
For best results slice the beef, cutting across the grain. This helps the meat become more tender when cooked. Thin beef slices work best as they pick up flavor from seasoning and spices faster, and cook through within a short period.
Can you cook frozen meat? Read my post.