Beef and noodle recipes are a delicious combination.
Whether it is your favorite takeout or you are yet to try this recipe, these amazing recipes below are a must try. It may be the reason you find a favorite dish or you start to cook yourself the beef and noodles instead of ordering takeout’s.
Beef and noodle recipes are simple to follow through, the results are ever delicious and they take up a small amount of your time. In addition to that, you also get to learn a few tricks to bring new and full flavored taste to your beef and noodles.
Old fashioned Amish beef and noodles
While you can easily say the Amish are old-fashioned, this delicious treat is a timeless classic. This hearty meal will warm you to the core.
Using a slow cooker.
- Start of by browning the beef. To do this, heat a fairly sized skillet on high heat.
- Lightly coat the skillet using vegetable oil.
- As the oil heats up, season the beef using pepper and salt. You can also use garlic powder if you like.
- Swirl the skillet until the vegetable oil spreads evenly through the skillet. Once the oil is properly heated up, add in the beef pieces to the skillet.
- Cook the beef pieces letting each side cook for at least 5-8 minutes.
- Take out the browned beef pieces and add them to the slow cooker. Add in onion soup, or diced onions, mushroom soup and add the mushrooms to top.
- Stir the mixture and cover the slow cooker.
- Cover the slow cooker and set to cook on low heat for 6-7 hours.
- After the 6 hours are over, open the slow cooker, shred the beef pieces and stir in the noodles in the slow cooker.
- Cover the slow cooker and let the mixture cook on high heat for 30 minutes- 1 hour.
- Let it cool a bit then serve. You can try serving with mashed potatoes or a salad.
Check my post on cooking meat on a slow cooker.
Using an instant pot.
- Season the beef using pepper and salt.
- Brown the beef. You can brown on a skillet. Alternatively, you can use the sauté option to brown the beef using the instant pot.
- After the beef is browned, add the meat to the instant pot.
- Set the instant pot to cook on high pressure for about 30 or 40 minutes.
- Once the beef is cooked, release the pressure naturally for 5-10 minutes, ending with a quick release.
- Once the valve drops, open the lid carefully to avoid the steam.
- Add noodles to the instant pot, set the pot to sauté and cook for 10 more minutes
- Serve once the noodles are properly cooked.
As you brown the beef pieces, ensure you cook in batches and avoid overcrowding the skillet. This is for best results.
Beef and noodles in oven.
- Start of by first seasoning the beef using salt and pepper. If possible, use chuck roast.
- While you are at it, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Add water and onion soup in a roasting pan, followed by mushroom soup. Stir the mixture. You can also use finely diced onions.
- Add the beef to the roasting pan
- Cover the pan and put it in the oven. Use the middle rack.
- Let it bake for at least 3 hours. By then, the beef should be tender, if not, let it bake some more.
- Once the beef becomes tender, remove the roasting pan, take out the beef and shred it.
- Add the shredded beef back to the pan, together with the noodles.
- Return the roasting pan back to the oven, and let it bake at 300 degrees for 30 more minutes.
- Check the food frequently to ensure the noodles do not overcook.
- If the food seems to dry, you can add some water.
Cooking creamy beef and noodles with gravy.
- Start off by first seasoning the beef. Preferably sirloin steak. You can use spices of your choice but for starters, go for pepper, salt and maybe garlic powder.
- Next, you brown the beef.
- Lightly coat a fairly sized skillet with cooking spray or vegetable oil. Heat the skillet on medium heat.
- Add the beef to the skillet, cooking in batches. Let each side for at least 5 minutes, or until the beef is properly seared.
- Take out the beef from the skillet.
- Add about 2 tablespoons to the skillet. Let it melt then add in the diced onions.
- Sauté until the onion becomes tender.
- Add the beef back to the skillet, together with beef stock.
- Once the it starts to boil, turn the heat to low.
- Cover the skillet with a lid and let it cook for 1hour to 1 ½ hours.
- In the meantime, stir in cornstarch with cold water in a mixing bowl.
- Cook the noodles as per the instructions, or alternatively you can boil a pot water and add the noodles to the pot. Cook for 5 minutes while stirring frequently or until the noodles are well cooked through and tender. Use slightly salted water.
- About 20 minutes before the beef is properly cooked, take out a cup of broth and mix it with the cornstarch, water mixture.
- When you are certain there are no lumps, add the cornstarch solution to the skillet.
- Cook for 20-30 more minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.
There you have it. 4 wonderful ways you can cook beef and noodles.
As always, you can always change a thing or two with the recipe, just so the food turns out just the way you like it.
When thickening sauce, always go slow with the cornstarch. You may want to add more cornstarch to the broth because the broth is not thickened enough. However, stew thickens more as it cools, so be really conservative with the cornstarch.
Crowding the pan when browning the beef has the effect of trapping steam, and this prevents the beef from browning as much.
Cooking meat without oil is easy! Check this post.